The team at the Digbeth Estate has commissioned doodle artist, Dave Draws, to create a large scale Digbeth Directory featuring key locations in and around The Custard Factory, The Bond and Fazeley Studios.
The directory is located on Gibb Street, on Baked in Brick’s wall in the entrance to the North Street car park, and is hand-illustrated by artist Dave Draws, who has created doodle murals for clients such as Channel 4 and Coronation Street, incities from Manchester to Hamburg, New York to Hong Kong.
The Digbeth Directory includes iconic buildings, businesses and areas such as:
· The oldest pub in Birmingham, The Old Crown
· Crazy golf, cocktail, DJs and street food experience, Ghetto Golf
· Live music venues, The Mill and Digbeth Arena
· Award-winning DigbethDining Club
· Baked in Brick, street food restaurant headed up by Lee DeSanges, European Street Food Trader of the Year
· Independent brewery, Dig Brew Co
Sara Bremner, Head of Comms and Events in the Digbeth team, said,
“We’re really proud of the unusual mix of heritage and innovation, art and technology, of business and community, that’s unique to Digbeth. The Digbeth Directory celebrates the concentration of eclectic businesses and new public realm, arts and culture spaces in the area.”
Follow The Digbeth Estate @indigbeth #onlyindigbeth and The Custard Factory @custardfactory