- Dentists look away now! A new, limited edition Simpson’s inspired doughnut burger combines sweet, spice, and all things nice this Spring.
- A new brand collaboration between burger giants Fat Hippo and doughnut trail blazers Project D, sees the classic ‘Homer’ pink iced doughnut loaded with chilli and lime spiced buttermilk chicken, smoked bacon, blueberry jello + herby cream cheese, served with hot chilli + lime seasoned fries.
- Guaranteed to leave both doughnut and burger fans reeling, this sweet treat is available from the 22nd March – 22nd April. ‘The Big Doh!’ burger and chilli and lime fries will be heading to 16 Fat Hippo restaurants across the UK, as well as on Deliveroo and Click + Collect.
- Put down the chocolate eggs and step away from the hot cross buns… enjoy Easter weekend 7-9th April with this sweet special.
- Create the best double bluff this April Fool’s day as the joke is on you if you think this is a Bart-like prank!
Socks and slides? Fries and milkshake? Elton and Blue? Just a few of the legendary combinations people said would never work but somehow did. Well here’s the latest, iced ring doughnut and buttermilk chicken. Nope, this isn’t an early April Fool’s… This is the limited edition Simpson’s inspired doughnut burger from food industry giants Fat Hippo and Project D.
Not shy of pushing burger boundaries, patty perfectionists Fat Hippo, known for their quirky combinations and daring flavours, are teaming up with doughnut connoisseurs Project D, famous for their mega giant doughnuts and viral videos, for what is teeing up to be the culinary collaboration of the year – The Big D’oh!
Sandwiched in THAT award-winning, Project D ‘Homer’ doughnut is Fat Hippo’s signature brined, double-fried, boneless, buttermilk chicken seasoned with chilli and lime, smoked bacon, blueberry jello and herby cream cheese. As with all Fat Hippo burgers, comes with a free side of fries, however these have been upgraded with chilli and lime seasoning, which can also be purchased separately.
Inspired by the legend himself Mr Homer Simpson, who has starred in almost 750 episodes since he hit our screens in 1989, it’s no wonder his favourite iconic pink iced doughnut with the rainbow sprinkles has easily become one of the most recognisable sweet treats in history. Controversial it may seem to take this legendary snack and make it into a meal, but Fat Hippo’s BurgerLab aren’t afraid of a challenge, and when it results in a feast fit for lunch, dinner AND dessert – we’re not complaining!
Fat Hippo Head Chef, Richard Nelson said; “Our BurgerLab love an exciting brief and our specials allow them to work with a range of new and exciting flavours, ingredients and suppliers to really get creative. We first noticed Project D on Tiktok, with their viral video creating the ‘Homer doughnut’ and
knew we had to do something with them! It’s been a pleasure working with such trendsetters of the fast-growing dessert world.”
We can’t predict the future (unlike the Simpson’s seems to), but we can promise a party in your mouth, Springfield style! The Big D’oh! is exclusively available to order direct to your door via the Deliveroo app or website or our Click+Collect platform as well as in all 16 nationwide Fat Hippo restaurants, 22nd March – 22nd April.
For more information about Fat Hippo and their specials menu visit:
Website → fathippo.co.uk
Facebook → facebook.com/fathippofood
Instagram → instagram.com/fathippofood
TikTok → tiktok.com/@fathippofood
Twitter → twitter.com/fathippofood