Join us this April for plenty of exciting Easter fun. From famous books performed live on stage, to colourful creative courses, to thought-provoking artistic exhibitions accompanied by delicious Afternoon Teas – this half-term MAC’s programme has something for everyone.
- This Easter MAC has a variety of creative courses to offer. Join us for Make a Wildlife Habitat on Fri 7 April. Expect an exciting mixed media workshop exploring our wildlife’s natural habitats. With a focus on birds, learn new art skills and create a bird house to take home for the feathered friends in your garden.
- Commence your second week of creativity with Create a Creature Camp from Mon 10 – Wed 12 April. Let your imagination run free devising your creature’s story with lots of inspiring materials and art skills.
- Get inspired by Grayson’s Art Club from Thu 13 – Fri 14 April with Rubbish Portrait – breathe new life into the things we throw away by creating your very own self-portrait made from rubbish. Inspired by The Face of Waste by artist Alice Rhubarb, featured in the exhibition.
- Delving into the realms of technological advancements, on Fri 14 April, join MAC for an Introduction to Virtual Reality. Get a fascinating insight into the world of VR using Mozilla hubs and learn how to create your own VR space using Spoke Software.
- Come have a giggle on Sat 15 April with Comedy Club 4 Kids. Cracking entertainment for everyone over six years old and under 400 years old (no vampires). With the best comedians from the UK and world circuit doing what they do best… but without the rude bits!
- Bring your baby for a bounce with singer Sam Frankie Fox and multi-instrumentalist Ricardo Rocha in Babies Adventures in Music on Fri 21 April. BAM is a warmly interactive performance for babies, families and friends celebrates music with a host of instruments, styles, gentle movements and stimulating sounds.
- Coming soon this April is Concrete Youth: To the Moon and Back – come along on Fri 28 April for an intergalactic sensory theatre show exploring space, adventure and the importance of family, for audiences with profound and multiple learning disabilities.
- On the big screen this half term we have Marcel The Shell With Shoes On, screening from Sat 8 – Wed 12 Apr. A beloved character gets his big-screen debut in this hilarious and heartwarming story about finding connection in the smallest corners.
- Coming soon in May: Colourbox: Ponyo. Don’t miss the Japanese classic, screening on Sun 7 May. Come along for a drop-in creative workshop beforehand.
- Now showing until Sun 25 June 2023, join us for Grayson’s Art Club: The Exhibition. Featuring over 100 artworks selected by Sir Grayson Perry, Philippa Perry, and guest celebrities during season three of the popular TV series, Grayson’s Art Club.
- Accompanying the exhibition is the colourful Afternoon Tea in KILN, serving until Sun 25 June 2023. Put a cherry on top of your visit and treat yourself to MAC’s colourful Afternoon Tea, offering a selection of fresh sandwiches, delicious sweet treats and tea/coffee with a twist.
To see our full programme of events at MAC, visit: https://macbirmingham.co.uk/