If you were to cast a net to a 50 mile radius of Birmingham you’d haul back a lot of stuff. Volvos, dachshunds, maybe even a fish or two, but also an absurdly good selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. Gin, wine, cider, beer and craft ale, Birmingham is slap bang in the middle of drinkypoos nirvana. And so, for one day only we’re launching the Local Drinks Market, a celebration of quaffable goodies made within 50 miles of here.
At this new, totally unique event, you can expect free tasters from all of the local producers exhibiting, unique masterclasses, in collaboration with some of the city’s most innovative experts, alongside home-grown offerings from top local bars, some seriously exciting street food chefs, and other sip-able and entertaining bells and whistles.
You’ll receive a tasting glass and a guide to everything happening during the day, a hand-stamp so you can come and go as you please. You are then free to go and explore, taste samples and chat to producers.
Our confirmed list of exhibitors include…
- Langley’s Distillery :: Bringing their “Made in Birmingham” gin.
- Fixed Wheel Brewery :: Delicious ale brewed in the Black Country.
- Burleighs Gin :: A ‘London Dry’ style gin made in rural Leicestershire.
- Twisted Barrel Ale :: Fantastic ales crafted in Coventry and are already gaining cult appeal.
- Two Towers Brewery :: Meet our most local brewery and try their Birmingham themed ales!
- Halfpenny Green Vineyard :: Delicious wine made in Staffordshire. Try these award-winning products and be wowed!
- Cuffufle Preserves :: Fabulous natural cordials and cocktail mixers made from foraged and locally sourced ingredients.
- Sacre Brew :: A small, artisanal microbrewery in Wolverhampton specialising in American, Belgian, and German beer.
- Indian Brewing Co. :: These guys brew awesome craft beers whilst maintaining quality of colour, aroma and taste.
- Shakespeare Distillery :: Stratford Gin’s essence comes from its authentic Tudor garden botanicals.
- 40 St Pauls :: Sample their own handmade Hockley Tonic syrup.
- Girls.Drink.Vodka Presents Jelleys Vodka :: Why not try some fantastic Jelleys Vodka (winner of Hot Craft Spirit 2016).
- Kitchen School :: Get green fingered and find out more about their fantastic classes and growing schemes in Digbeth.
As well as tasting, take away some knowledge with our fantastic first time masterclasses for Birmingham.
1.) The Great Gin Debate – Craft vs. Supermarket gin with The Gintleman – £10 – 12:30 – 13:15 – An expert-led tasting through two “craft” gins, pitched against two supermarket gin in a battle of the juniper.
2.) Low Octane Cocktails – Creating cocktails with James Bowker from The Edgbaston – £15 – 1:45 – 14:30 – Join cocktail genius and World Class GB finalist James Bowker (The Edgbaston) as he takes you through his secret recipes for perfect low ABV cocktails to enjoy all day long.
3.) Grow Your Own G&T – Master the art of growing your own garnishes in an urban environment and create the perfect Gin & Tonic with Kitchen School and Langley’s Gin – £10 – 15:00pm – 15:45 – Master the art of the perfect G&T. After tasting through three delicious G&T variations with Birmingham’s own Langley’s Gin, plant your own garnishes with the expert advice of Kitchen School.
4.) Memory is all we have – Time and place in modern British drinks with The Wilderness – £18 – 16:00 – 16:45 – Join Robert Wood and Alex Claridge/Brian Smith of The Wilderness for an interactive session of memory and imbibing. Join the pair for a series of memorable small plates and drinks taken from the restaurant’s summer menu.
T’s & C’s
– Over 18’s only
– Non transferrable or refundable
- The Bond Company – 180-182 Fazeley Street, Birmingham, B5 5SE – View Map
Get tickets >>HERE<<