Birmingham get’s it first Independent Festival dedicated to the Kebab!
Get your napkins on the ready as there’s a new festival in town and it promises to be finger licking dirty!
Experimental street food pioneers Taste and Liquor presents – the brilliantly titled – Kebabingham! Birmingham’s first ever festival dedicated to the humble kebab.
Who can honestly claim never to have wandered the city streets in the wee hours that come between clubbing and bedtime, in search of a dirty kebab? If you’re fed up with the sub-standard meat shavings offered by the majority of kebab and falafel joints, then head towards Kebabingham for the best pitta in town!
Kebabingham is the Midlands first unique festival dedicated to the kebab, will take place in Digbeth’s SK Cash and Carry on Saturday, September 30, bringing together the wares of six would-be kebab street-food kings and queens, a clay oven, a charcoal grill, a vegan and an open street food courtyard.
Imagine all types of meat slow cooked; deboned and sliced, then drowned in a secret spice mix by street-traders Smoking Joint and Mama Bears. Welcome Mama Bears Wings and Tings who’ll will be serving some epic Jerk Chicken in a Kebab, Jerk Vegetarian Kabab and Jerk Chicken Wings Kebabs!
Ja-making-me-crazy Jamaican Kebabs, have you ever? Served hot this Saturday at SK Cash and Carry. Global kebabs in da house, hurry up and get those tickets today!
Now imagine tender chunks of char-grilled meat – and non meat – kebabs topped with salad fillings presented in well-dressed pockets of magic from Kebabylon who will be serving
- House Lebanese falafel, guacamole, lime salsa, lemon hummus & mixed leaves.
- Free-range chicken, fresh guacamole, mixed olives, lime salsa, sun dried tomatoes, jalapeños, feta & mixed leave.
- Free-range chicken, lime salsa, lemon hummus, fresh guacamole & mixed leaves.
- Free-range chicken, chipotle en adobo hot sauce, scotch bonnet slaw’ & mixed leaves. Vegan? Have and chicken with vegan Lebanese falafel instead!
Vegan Grindhouse are specialising in Vegan Doner Kebab – Seitan doner strips, shredded lettuce, tomato, red onion, vegan mayo, hot chilli and jalapenos (optional) served in a wrap
Vegan Chick’n Kebab – Soya Chick’n strips, shredded lettuce, tomato, red onion, vegan mayo and sweet chilli sauce served in a wrap (gluten free option available)
Vegan Carnitas Kebab – Slow cooked BBQ pulled jackfruit, shredded lettuce, tomato, red onion, vegan mayo, BBQ sauce and jalapenos (optional) served in a wrap (gluten free option available).
Urban Turban will be dishing up a delight with
- Shaved Lamb Kebab, Smokey Masala Marinade – Tomato, Chilli, Corrinander Salsa on a Tasco Bread (open wrap).
- Charred Chicken Thighs in a Chipotle Chilli Tandoori marinade served with Pommegrante , Red Onion, Carrot Slaw (open wrap).
- Grilled Halloumi, Mango, Pepper Skewer marinated in a Citrus Garlic and Ginger Curry served with a Coriander and Green Chilli Dip.
- There’s an equally good range of sauces, including a fiery chilli if you dare!
There’ll be music as well as plenty of munching, with the Taste and Liquor Soundsystem providing beats throughout the day, plus the main bar will be serving themed cocktails – including The Big Turk, The Dirty Donna and The Pitta-Shot – while on tap there will be Kosel and Purity Beer.
Taste and Liquor has vowed to turn these greasy late-night guilty pleasures into something a thing of praise and full of flavour. Get ready as it will be very dirty!
Tickets go on sale now: www.facebook.com/events
Over 16s only.