6 Weekends of Summer Screenings at Regency Wharf’s Pop-Up Open Air Cinema, Rum Runner Yard.
Rum Runner Yard (hidden away in the middle of Regency Wharf) will be hosting a Pop-Up Open Air Cinema for 14 screenings this summer. After a huge success of a sell out screening during Birmingham On Film and Flatpack Film Festival, RRY have decided to get out the deck chairs, headsets and blankets and put up a huge screen for film and food lovers this summer. Theming up films with food.
Each weekend a different Restaurant or Digbeth Dining Club Street Food trader will be creating deliciously themed accompaniments for each film, UK Award Winning street food trader Baked in Brick has not only picked a film that suits its “Mini” aesthetic perfectly but is also coming down to do a kids day time screening of one of their favourite Disney films, Ratatouille.
Birmingham’s best independent Burger joint Original Patty Men are doing a Bank Holiday takeover showing two of their favourite films The Big Lebowski and Withnail and I and of course they are coming up with an epic new burger for each film.
Rub Smokehouse’s creators are also putting their out there food minds together and serving up a prison tray of tasty grub to make you inmates feel right at home while watching the first screening of the summer The Shawshank Redemption.
Tickets are priced at £15 including food.
Children’s screening Thursday 10th August, tickets from £8.
*More food and drinks will be available to buy, we’ll update Facebook and Twitter with more information regarding what extra’s are available to purchase.
List of Dates, Films, Food and Ticket Link/Info:
- Friday 28th July – The Shawshank Redemption – Rub Smokehouse
- Saturday 29th July – Monty Python and the Holy Grail – Rub Smokehouse
- Friday 4th August – The Goonies – DDC Street Food
- Saturday 5th August – Pulp Fiction – DDC Street Food
- Thursday 10th August – (Kids Screening) Ratatouille – Baked in Brick
- Friday 11th August – The Italian Job 1969 – Baked in Brick
- Saturday 12th August – Edward Scissorhands – DDC Street Food
- Friday 18th August – Special Event – Information released soon.
- Saturday 19th August – Stand By Me – DDC Street Food Trader, Pietanic – Tickets released soon.
- Sunday 20th August – Special Event via Flatpack Film Festival – Regency Wharf’s, Gateway to India – Information and Tickets will be realised soon.
- Friday 25th August – The Big Lebowski – Original Patty Men – Tickets released soon.
- Saturday 26th August – Withnail and I – Original Patty Men – Tickets released soon.
- Friday 1st September – Moonrise Kingdom – DDC Street Food – Tickets released soon.
- Saturday 2nd September – Reservoir Dogs – DDC Street Food – Tickets released soon.
Info and tickets here: www.facebook.com/RegencyWharf