Taking Your T-Shirt Printing Business to the Next Level

T-shirts and jeans are timeless classics that will never go out of fashion. They continue to trend in 2022, with a focus on bold, bright, and monochromatic colours. But black and white t-shirts also remain popular staples in everyone’s wardrobe. We see this year after year in the fashion industry. So, what makes more sense than setting up a t-shirt printing business?

This is an easy company to set up, and you can even run it from home. But why not leverage the unchallenged popularity of t-shirts and plan a business on a bigger scale? Globally, sales for exported t-shirts brought in 40.84 billion pounds in 2021. 70% of sales were for t-shirts made from cotton and the remaining 30% included all t-shirts made from materials other than cotton.

Here’s how to take your t-shirt business to the next level.

Go E-Commerce

E-Commerce is preferred by most consumers. The long isolation period for Covid-19 initially led to customers being forced to consider online shopping, to nowadays where it has become the norm. There is a lot of competition online. Make sure that you have a striking website, that you cater to mobile as well as computer users, and that your brand is distinctive.

Find Your Niche

You can distinguish your t-shirt business by having an outstanding brand image or because you have great products. Invest in the time to research, brainstorm ideas, and create designs. Focus on how to improve your designs. This is the most important step to setting up a successful E-commerce business as you need to stand out from the competition.

Once you have several products you are happy with, obtain feedback from impartial reviewers, such as on Reddit. Watermark your designs to prevent them from being stolen.

Find a Supplier

Most of your products should be obtained from a supplier. Go for a popular, quality product, such as t-shirts made by Fruit of the Loom or Gildan. See Screen Textiles if you are looking for a one-stop wholesale activewear company to design T-shirts for resale by your business. Bear in mind that t-shirts made from cotton sell considerably better than those comprised of other materials.

Buy t-shirts in bulk from your supplier as this works out cheaper per item. You can start with batches of 200 t-shirts at a time and increase this as your business grows,

A supplier with the right equipment — for example, the latest screen printing machine — can produce many more items per day than you can by using a cheaper alternative. They can also print your designs for you.

Dropshipping and Outsourcing Warehousing

Perhaps the easiest way to get your business started is with dropshipping. You get products from your supplier, but you do not keep any stock on hand. This means you do not have to worry about the costs of renting a warehouse. Essentially, this makes you the middleman. 

An alternative is to get goods from your supplier but have them delivered to a company that offers warehousing. Instead of paying for the rental of an entire building, you will only pay for the space you use. These businesses can also complete the delivery aspect for you.

Get your t-shirt company up and running using these guidelines.