Cigarettes are still popular, especially among those who started smoking years ago. But due to their adverse health effects and numerous health awareness crusades, many people want to quit. Cigarette smoking is undoubtedly addictive due to the presence of nicotine, which is why many people are still hooked.
The first step to quitting smoking is understanding the nicotine dose per cigarette. From here, you can plan how to stop or switch to a healthier alternative such as vaping. Are these your sentiments? We will help you understand more.
Nicotine Dose in a Cigarette
There is no definite amount of nicotine in cigarettes. They vary depending on type and brand. However, we can discuss the average mg of nicotine per cigarette.
· Conventional cigarettes – These are the most common and the nicotine dose per cigarette ranges from 8 to 13 mg. However, users do not inhale all of it as some goes into the air.
· Cigars – These are big rolls with concentrated tobacco, and they have between 100 and 200 mg if you are wondering how much nicotine is in a cigar. There are cases of more than this for some brands. Likewise, not all of it goes into the user’s body.
· E-cigarettes – These are the mildest with an average between 5 and 15 mg. But if you want, you can enjoy e-cigarettes with zero nicotine.
How to Reduce Nicotine Usage
If you are planning to quit tobacco cigarette smoking, then start by working on your nicotine levels. Now that you know how much nicotine is in one cigarette, you can seek a better alternative. Cigars have higher levels of nicotine, but one can still work on this as well.
So, how can one go about this? There are a couple of ways;
· Smoke fewer cigarettes – The mg nicotine per cigarette remains constant as long as you stick to the same brand. So, the best way is to reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke per day. For example, you can try half the number of cigarettes you have been consuming.
· Try a healthier alternative – Since the nicotine dose per cigarette is high, you try a healthier alternative. Vapes or electronic cigarettes are the best options in this case. In this case, the ePuffer website can help you get a list of the best e-cigs, e-cigarettes, e-hookahs, and pods. The good thing with vaping is that you can choose the nicotine level in your e-juice.
Can You Quit Cigarette Smoking?
Now that you know the nicotine dose per cigarette and how you can reduce the nicotine level, it is important to think about quitting as well. Do you wonder whether or not you can quit smoking? The answer is yes.
The process to quit smoking is the same as reducing nicotine levels, and it is better to use vaping as a channel to quit smoking. Vaping is not just a healthier alternative because e-juice contains lower levels of nicotine, but one can decide the levels of nicotine to vape from zero to mild, mid-range, or strong.
The nicotine dose per cigarette is worrying for many people. That is why quite a number of people plan or are trying to quit or seek a healthier alternative. Now that you know how much nicotine there is in one cigarette, it is time to make the right choice.