Nothing makes the morning better than a cup of coffee. The only thing is, we don’t always have time to drink it at home. Our duties often force us to leave our homes in a rush. In that case, the only way to get the much-needed caffeine shot is to visit your favorite cafe and take the coffee to go.
Unfortunately, those paper cups tend to get extremely hot, burning your hands in the process. Fortunately, there’s a simple solution – a DIY coffee sleeve. Yes, you don’t need to buy an expensive and impractical coffee tote mug the paper sleeve offered in the coffee shop.
With a little bit of DIY skill, you’ll be able to make an awesome-looking and practical sleeve that will make your mornings even brighter. Here are four awesome designs you can consider. And if our ideas aren’t enough for you, we recommend visiting hotshotsleeves.com for inspiration.
Coffee Sleeve for a Christmas Party
There aren’t many more appropriate things for a Christmas-themed party than a cute little Santa Claus. Luckily, you can make an adorable Santa Claus coffee sleeve yourself. It is pretty straightforward to do and doesn’t take long to create.
You can make this coffee sleeve by following these steps:
- Paint the entire tube with acrylic paint. Let the paint dry completely.
- Draw Santa’s face on the tube. Paint his eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Color the rest of his body with a fine-tip permanent marker.
- Paint Santa’s hat with acrylic paint. Carefully cut it out. You can use a small brush to paint over Santa’s hat to make it look more accurate.
- Next, you need to make a Santa’s beard. You can either draw it or color it with a marker. Then cut it out, making sure to cut the edge of Santa’s body as well.
- Apply a layer of glue around Santa’s body. Make sure you get it directly into the edges of the body. Do not forget to attach Santa’s beard and hat!
- Let everything dry completely before using it.
Coffee Sleeve With a Cartoon Character
If you’re looking for something light and funny, then you should definitely consider creating this coffee sleeve. It is quite easy to make, but you need to glue the pieces together.
To create your coffee sleeve, follow these steps:
- Paint the entire sleeve with a permanent marker.
- Cut out the character’s eyes, nose, and mouth. Make sure the eyes are oval-shaped. Additionally, cut out their ears.
- Paint over the pieces of the face using a permanent marker.
- Apply a layer of glue around the inside of the coffee sleeve. Then, make sure to get some glue on the edges as well.
- Place the pieces of the face onto the coffee sleeve.
- Apply a layer of adhesive tape over the edges of the sleeve and let it dry completely.
Coffee Sleeve for a Star Wars Fan
If you love Star Wars, then this Star Wars coffee sleeve is definitely for you. This sleeve does take a bit of time to create, but the result is very much worth it. You can make this coffee sleeve by following these steps:
- Paint the tube with white paint. Let it dry completely.
- Use a fine-tip permanent marker to draw R2-D2’s head on the tube.
- Draw his body with a fine-tip permanent marker.
- Color his body with blue paint. Carefully cut out R2-D2’s body.
- Apply a layer of glue around the inside of the coffee sleeve and over the edges. Next, place R2-D2 inside, making sure he’s firmly glued.
- Apply a layer of adhesive tape over the edges and let it dry completely.
Coffee Sleeve With Your Favorite Book Cover
If you’re a bookworm, then this coffee sleeve is perfect for you. It might be a bit hard to make it without drawing skills, but it’s not impossible if you follow these steps:
- Draw a book cover on paper and cut it out. Alternatively, you can find a picture of it online and print it. Use it as your pattern for drawing and cutting out.
- Use a fine-tip permanent marker to draw your favorite book cover on the coffee sleeve.
- Apply a layer of glue around your book cover and let it dry completely before using it.
The Bottom Line
There you have it! Now, you should be able to create perfect coffee sleeves for yourself and your friends. All it takes is a little bit of creativity and effort.
If you are a Star Wars fan, give our R2-D2 coffee sleeve idea a try. Alternatively, you can create a coffee sleeve with some other famous characters from this franchise, like Luke Skywalker or Princess Leia. The possibilities are almost endless!
Whichever coffee sleeve idea you will choose, remember to put some effort into making this little accessory. Thanks to this, you should enjoy drinking your coffee even more. Good luck!