Looking for inspiration for Christmas presents? If classy, delicious gifts delivered to the door of the wine/spirits/beer/food lover in your life is what you need, then look no further than the world’s oldest wine club –The Wine Society. The arrival of a box in The Wine Society’s smart livery is sure to bring festive cheer to any lucky recipient – these are gifts that look good, taste great, have the stamp of quality of the experts’ go-to wine merchant and one more thing – they are incredibly good value! Join and you will experience a whole new way of enjoying wine…
Gift yourself, then gift others
Membership of The Wine Society is often described as the “golden key to a treasure trove of wine” and for anyone who enjoys wine, membership really is a no-brainer. The one-off joining fee of £40 (which comes with a £20 credit towards your first purchase) will very soon be re-paid as the prices are just SO good – more often than not cheaper than the high street.
Share the gift of good wine! Join The Wine Society (an easy on-line process) and start shopping for your Christmas gifts straight away and while you’re at it, why not stock up on some Christmas wines for yourself? This is what they call savvy shopping!
Christmas Gifts 2020
Ranging from £22 to £145 this year’s line-up covers all budgets and tastes and you can rest assured that each gift has been carefully sourced by Wine Society Buyers for its superb taste, authenticity and provenance – a sure-fire way to impress family and friends! From the elegant ’Bellini Case‘ to the ’Champagne and Chocolates Case‘ to sumptuous hampers to wine selections such as ’Six of the Best‘ and the ’Christmas Tidings Case’, there is truly something for everyone. Please see below for details on these four gifts. The entire range of 34 gifts goes live on 2nd November on www.thewinesociety.com.
Gift of a lifetime share
If the wine drinker in your life is not already a member, then gifting them a lifetime share is a memorable, thoughtful gift (which could also be accompanied by some wine, if you so choose). The lucky recipient will not only have £20 towards their first purchase, but more importantly, the golden key to a lifetime’s supply of great wine (and don’t worry there are absolutely no obligations to buy, or any hard sell, one simply stocks up when required).
Some details on the gifts mentioned above:
BELLINI CASE £22.50
For the ultimate thirst-quenching fruity cocktails, add a dash of Van Nahmen rhubarb or peach nectars to our delicious Prosecco, sourced from small family holdings on prime hillside vineyards. The results strike a mouthwatering balance between tart and sweet. Comes in a gift box. Price includes UK delivery.
SIX OF THE BEST £88
With some of the wine world’s most celebrated names like Sancerre, Burgundy, Bordeaux and Chianti on show, this heavenly half dozen backs up its bold name. Class in a glass, assured. Price includes UK delivery.
THE SOCIETY’S CHAMPAGNE & CHOCOLATES £49
Experience and craftsmanship lie behind each of the delicious ingredients in this gift box: our house Champagne is born from a century-long partnership with the boutique house of Alfred Gratien, while Italy’s Bodrato Cioccolato have been making fine chocolates since 1943. The combination makes for a special gift. Price includes UK delivery.CHRISTMAS TIDINGS CASE £142
A 15-bottle case to tide anyone over for all festive eventualities! It includes ten bottles of lovely reds and whites, an apple-fresh Prosecco, indulgent tawny-style Port, a glorious dry sherry, our own aromatic London Dry Gin and a classy Speyside Scotch whisky. Price includes UK delivery.
Reasons to join The Wine Society – for anyone who enjoys wine!
- Beginner to aficionado: the range suits those who simply enjoy drinking wine, to those who wish to learn more, to those who are already highly knowledgeable.
- It’s easy: Customer service second to none. Informative, easy-to-navigate website and knowledgeable people on the end of the phone.
- Passion before Profit The Wine Society is a cooperative, owned by its members, existing solely to sell interesting, great quality wine to its members at a fair price. This is why it is such amazing value.
- There is no pressure to buy. Absolutely no minimum purchase, no cold calls, no hard sell. This is NOT what The Wine Society is about.
- Best buyers: The Society is widely regarded as having one of the best buying teams in the industry. All eight buyers are experts in their fields – all committed to sourcing the best possible quality/price ratio wines from every corner of the wine-making world.
- Huge choice: 1, 500 wines from all over the world on the list at any one time, spanning a wide price spectrum, although most wines are sold in the £6-10 category.
- Tastings & events: The Wine Society (in normal, non-pandemic times) holds tastings and events all over the country for its members. Currently, there is a programme packed full of virtual tastings and talks.
- Education/information: For anyone interested in developing their wine knowledge, there is a wealth of information on www.thewinesociety.com.
- Lifetime membership: membership lasts a lifetime and can even be bequeathed.
Facebook: The Wine Society