Reach is the brainchild of leading Sky Sports Golf presenter Sarah Stirk who believes that the path for women to reach the top of their careers has far too many barriers and obstacles.
Sarah says “These unique summits gives us the perfect opportunity to do just that and some of our successful Reach females are excited about the prospect of giving back!”
The first two Reach Next Generation Summits in 2021 in London and Manchester were an enormous success. The pressures on young girls in today’s world are immense and complicated. They walked away full of positivity and newfound confidence.
So far in 2022 we have staged a Summit in Middlesbrough and most recently at Emirates Stadium bringing hope to girls and empowering them to fulfil their ambitions.
The events included a series of high-profile speakers who will host sessions on topics that are hugely important to early teenage girls:
Where they can talk about their ambitions and hopes for their careers as they think about their future.
Where they will hear from and talk with women who have a story to tell.
Where they can openly discuss their thoughts in a completely “safe space”
About the summits
Our unique format sees all the girls sit in a summit-style circle so they all have a front-row seat.
We run a series of short sessions – between 2 and 15 throughout the day and the girls can contribute to the topics as much as they like.
We have a mix of sessions – some are interactive, some involve participation and some are designed to demonstrate that “if I can do it- you can do it.”
They talk about their ambitions and hopes for their careers as they think about their future.
They hear from and talk with women who have a story to tell. Leaders in Sport, Fashion, Music, Business, Charities, Nutrition, Human Rights and Social Media are all there to create conversations and provide thought leadership.
They openly discuss their thoughts, concerns and ambitions in a completely “safe space.”
- To provide a unique and inspiring opportunity to meet girls from all backgrounds
- To empower women leaders of the future at a key time for diversity and equality throughout the World.
- To hear from accomplished and entertaining experts in their field.
- To provide a forum in which women with boardroom experience can offer the benefit of their experience to the next generation of female leaders.
- To provide thought leadership and the opportunity to address their concerns.
- To empower the girls so that they can be whoever they want to be.
- To create a very special group who will act as ambassadors and inspirators for the next generation