If you want to cook your turkey, then the best approach is to smoke it, and hence the smoked turkey is the best type of turkey to serve on Thanksgiving. However, poorly smoked turkeys are a Thanksgiving nightmare that can put a damper on this festive holiday. Do you want to know how long to cook a Turkey on a pellet grill?
You can easily smoke a turkey at home if you already have the grill on top of your deck. This information focuses on using a pellet grill and offers designated statistics on how you can easily smoke a turkey on the pellet grill.
Quick Method to Smoke a Turkey on the Pellet Grill
Important Things Required
Let’s check out the list of all those things which you need to make sure that smoking your cook turkey is a success:
- Turkey: This is known to be the most fundamental item. After this cannot be a smoked turkey except the ordinary turkey.
- Wood pellets: You have to be sure of the fact that you are already having too many pellets before you start smoking your meat. You can get exclusive flavors of wooden pellets relying on the taste of the meat you want. Hickory, or cherry, as well as applewood pellets, are a few of the splendid options for smoking turkey.
- Drip pan: Smoked turkeys are hence juicy so you need to make sure that you drip pan accessible to hence end the whole juice.
- Probe the meat thermometer: Consistent range of cooking temperatures is important when it comes to smoking a turkey. This use of a thermometer will often help you in choosing to take a look over the temperature.
- Seasoning: Seasonings can often add some dimension to the taste of the smoked turkey.
Smoking a tasty turkey will probably a long time as compared to roasting Turkey. Therefore, it will take some persistence and time when it comes to cooking smoked Turkey.Do not have a pellet grill yet ? then getting portable pellet grill is recommended as it will help you to cook your food anywhere you want.
Get Yourself Started
Before you start, get a proper turkey measurement that is adequate to feed your family and make sure your cook turkey suits interior your pellet grill. Most of 15 kilos of turkey are endorsed for meal security reasons.
You have to make sure that you have chosen the turkey which is utterly defrosted. When it comes to purchasing the smoker frozen turkey, it might take around 2-3 days for defrosting the turkey by setting it in the refrigerator.
You should even completely avoid leading the smoker Turkey out over the countertop for defrosting it quickly. This is because it can cause the results of bacteria. You have to just remove the giblets as well as the neck. Some of the chefs even choose to serve smoked Turkey with a bag of giblets.
Whether you want to brine your smoker turkey entirely relies upon whether or not the turkey you bought has been pre-brined.
If you have purchased the pre-brined turkey, then you should pick a fireplace to add a pellet grill and began with the smoking. If not, then you do have the choice to brine for the turkey. This is the best approach because it can bring some extra taste to brine. To start bringing, you have to include 1/2 cup of salt as well as half of a cup of sugar within the gallon of water. You have to fully submerge Turkey for a maximum of 12 to 14 hours.
Once you have brought the turkey, you have to rinse the whole turkey with the cold water and pat it to get dry both in and out. Even if you did not want to brine, you can use paper towels to dry it. You have to preheat all the pellets grill at a suitable temperature of around 225˚F for almost 15 minutes. There needs to do the coating of the outer pores as well as the skin of your turkey with the seasoning. After that, you have to rub canola oil over all the outer pores as well as the skin of the turkey.
Place the turkey pellets breast-side up without delay on the Traeger grill grate on the grill’s oblique warmness element.
Cooking time of Pellet Grill Turkey
You should be letting the turkey somehow smoke within the pellets grill for almost 2½ to three hours. Hence, you can have the temperature to get an increase to around 300°F. Make sure you cook it for a maximum of 3-4 hours on the basis of the Turkey size. For that sake, you keep the breast over the temperature of around 165°F to 170°F.
You should not be using any instant-read thermometer. This is mainly done for testing the temperature of Turkey’s breast and its thighs. You have to just smoke the grill turkey for around 6 hours. Now you have to remove your smoked turkey from the pellet grill and allow it to rest for a maximum of 15 to 30 minutes before you start serving it.
Significant Tips to Follow In Smoking the Turkey
By setting the preheat temperature to 225°F, you do have the choice where you can run your pellets grill to almost 30 minutes per pound of the turkey. In case your turkey is almost 15 pounds, then the approximate cooking time has to be 450 minutes or around 7½ hours of cooking time. At almost the preheat temperature of 250°F, you can simply run your pellet grill to almost 25 minutes per pound of the cooking time.
Once the turkey has reached the temperature of 125°F, you have to spray the turkey with a blend of apple juice as well as apple cider vinegar for almost 30 minutes. In this way, the turkey will be able to smoke higher once you have preserved its moisture.
For how long time you have to smoke the 15-pound turkey at the temperature of 225 degrees?
At the temperature of 225 stages F, you can even design for almost 30 minutes per pound for the turkey to smoke. For example, this 15-pound turkey will take seven and half hours at 225 stages F. I usually plan more than 30 minutes, simply in case. Use an instantaneous examine cook thermometer to look at the turkey’s temperature in the breast and thigh.
Easy to Cook Homemade Smoked Turkey Recipe
The smoked Thanksgiving Turkey recipe combines hickory and maple flavors that supply the best aromas and tastes for the Fall feast. Serve with pumpkin pie and candy potatoes for a classic, based vacation meal.
- 1 ½ cup Butter
- ½ cup Maple Syrup
- 16 LBS Whole Turkey, Pre-brined
- 2 Tablespoons Champion Chicken Seasoning
- Start your Grill on ”smoke” with the lid open till a furnace is set up in the burn pot (3-7 minutes).
- Preheat to 250°F degrees.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- You have to combine the set of melted butter and yet maple syrup in the bowl and whisk. The Marinade Injector fills with the butter and syrup combination and pierces the meat with the needle while pushing the plunger, injecting the flavor.
- Next, mix the room temperature butter and Champion Chicken seasoning and unfold all over the turkey, making it sure that you get it beneath the pores and skin as well.
- Place the turkey in an aluminum pan to seize all the drippings (this makes high-quality gravy) and area on the grill.
- When the breast and thigh meat of the turkey reaches 165°F to 170°F, put off from the grill and let relaxation 15 minutes before carving. Happy Thanksgiving!
After doing all this do not forget to Clean The Rusty Grill Grates so that you do not ruin your food when you cook next time.
In this information on how to smoke a turkey on a pellet grill, we summarized the fundamentals of making ready your turkey, bringing it, and including seasoning earlier than leaving it to smoke. The time to smoke a turkey relies upon your turkey size. You want to intently display the turkey cooking temperature to ensure your grill turkey is utterly smoked for that extraordinary smoked flavor.